Applicants who meet the criteria listed below may qualify for “Clear Admission” to the MPA program:
- A complete application;
- Meets the general requirements of both the Graduate School and MPA program;
- Achieves a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale), or 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours of the baccalaureate program. In addition, applicants are expected to have verbal scores of 146 or above, and quantitative scores of 140 or above on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement.
- Evaluation of academic potential based on two (2) letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience;
- Evaluation of academic potential and appropriate interests based on a statement of career goals and objectives.
Students who fail to meet the targeted GPA or GRE scores specified above may be granted a probationary admission. The minimum condition for transfer from probationary admission status to clear admission status is the successful completion of at least nine hours of graduate course work with a grade point average of at least 3.0 and with no more than one grade, regardless of the number of course credit hours, of “C” or lower. Students must be removed from probationary admission prior to registering in any course work beyond an initial 12 hours. At least six hours of the first 12 hours must be in the common MPA core.
If you have used the system before, login using the username and password you created. If you have NOT used the system before, select “first time user account creation.”
Create Login ID and PIN, verify PIN.
Select college graduate;
Seeking a masters/doctoral degree or graduate certificate/rank.
Select the year and semester appropriate for entering the program. After Spring 2014, students may enter at the applicable A or B portion of the applicable semester.
Complete each of the 8 subsections of the application;
- Personal Information
- Permanent Address and Phone Number
- Mailing Address and Phone Number
- Previous College
- Planned Course of Study
- *Applicant must choose one of the four track options: the General Degree Program; Community Development; Community Health Administration; or Environmental Health.
When all 8 subsections have been finished and have a red check-mark, then click on “Application is Complete.”
Applicants can pay the $35 application fee at this point with their Visa or MasterCard, or choose to mail a personal check, made payable to EKU Graduate School, mailed directly to:
EKU Graduate School
Whitlock Building CPO 68
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3102
*NOTE: Your graduate school application will NOT be processed until the application fee is received.
Request official copies of your undergraduate transcript be sent directly to Eastern Kentucky University.
Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s Academic /employment experience.*
Submit a personal statement of career goals and objectives, two (2) pages or less.
Submit official GRE scores to Eastern Kentucky University. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA OF 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement.